Notice of Proposed Development
Space Urban Pty Ltd (Space Urban), on behalf of Plantation Pine Products Australia Pty Ltd (PPPA), are preparing a Development Application (DA) to Mid-Western Regional Council (MWRC) for the development and operation of a sand and gravel quarry at the property ‘Turonfels’ located at 39 Razorback Road, Running Stream, NSW. PPPA is both the owner of the property and the proponent for the development and are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Borg group.
The quarry is proposed to extract up to 200,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) over a period of up to 30 years and will include access roads, a site office, workshop, water management dams, and weighbridge. The quarry will be progressively rehabilitated with potential future use of the facilities area for forestry related activities.
Key components of the development will include:
- Up to 200,000 tpa of extraction over a 30 year period,
- Operations to occur Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings only,
- Construction of an internal haul road, sediment control dams, site office, weighbridge, and workshop,
- Construction of noise/visual bunds,
- Installation of site drainage to separate clean and dirty water area,
- Extraction by excavator and transport by highway trucks,
- Onsite material screening and stockpiling, and
- Progressive rehabilitation.
Please see further information in relation the project below: